Get Domain and Email Details from Client
- Determine and confirm domain name to transfer.
- Confirm if the client has email accounts associated with the domain name. If they do are they keeping the email with their current provider (could be Google mail, Outlook mail etc) or with us? If with us we need to make provisions to move these over.
- There is $25 fee per domain name to transfer each domain name to our Roar Solutions Registrar Account
Start Transfer Process (From Clients Registrar Account)
- Does the client want us to handle the transfer for them – if yes we need registrar login details from them, if No: client and/or person managing the domain needs to perform the following…
- Unlock the domain
- Get an Authorization Code (EPP code or Transfer Key) – send that to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirm that the administrator's contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator's email so we have to be 100% sure it’s a working email account that the admin can access
- Cancel any Protected or Private registration for the domain
What we will handle on our end
- We will purchase a domain transfer for the domain name
- Once we purchase the domain we need to unlock the domain and then enter the authorization code (EPP code) as provided
- Once we do this an email gets sent to the admin on contact for the domain as they will need to approve the transfer
- Once admin approves we will gain access to the domain within our Roar Solutions registrar account.
You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
- Registering or transferring a domain name
- Updating the registrant contact's organization
- Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed