Use email filtering to have Webmail automatically organize your incoming email. To create a filter based on an email message, right-click the message and select Add New Filter. See below for setting descriptions. To add a filter based on other criteria, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Settings link, located in the upper right corner of the webmail window.
2. Click Incoming Email, located in the left pane.
3. Click the Filtering tab.
To add a new filter.
4. Click the Add New Filter button.
5. In the Filter Name box, enter a brief description of the filter.
6. In the Criteria section, enter search criteria in at least one field:
- From—Email from these addresses will be filtered.
- To/Cc—Email sent or carbon copied (Cc’d) to these addresses will be filtered.
- Subject—Email with a subject line that contains, doesn’t contain, or begins with the entered words or phrases will be filtered.
- Body—Email with a body that contains or doesn’t contain the entered words or phrases will be filtered.
- Custom—Email with the entered header field contents will be filtered.
7. In the Action section, indicate what webmail should do with email messages that meet the filter criteria you indicated.
- Move to folder—Select the check box to have filtered email moved into a specific folder. Select a folder from the Email Folders drop-down menu, or click the New Folder button to create a new folder for the filtered email.
- Forward to—Check the box to have filtered email sent to a specific email address, and then enter the complete email address in the box.
- Delete immediately—Check the box to have filtered email automatically deleted.
8. Click the OK button. The filter will appear in the Current Filters section.
9. Filtering will be performed in the order displayed (i.e., the first filter will be performed first). To adjust the filter order, click a filter and click the Move Up or Move Down button to move the filter up or down.
10. Click the Save button.
Note: If you are using email software (Outlook, Netscape Mail, Eudora, etc.) with a POP3 connection, your email software only downloads email messages that are stored in your Inbox folder. If you use email filters to move email into another folder, those email messages will not be downloaded by your POP3 email software. You may prefer to use an IMAP connection, so that you can view and manage online email folders (stored on the email server) from within your favorite software application.
To edit a filter
11. Click the filter you want to edit.
12. Click the Edit button. Refer to the Add filter options above to make edits.
13. Click the OK button.
14. Click The Save button.
To Delete a Filter
15. Click the filter you want to delete.
16. Click the Delete button.
17. When asked to confirm that you want to delete the selected filter, click the Yes button.
18. Click the Save button.