Managing your outgoing email settings is super easy.
- Click the Settings link, located in the upper right corner of the email window.
- Click Composing Email in the left pane. You're there! Let's explore your options.
- Use auto-complete when addressing email—Select the check box if you want webmail to attempt to complete typed names or email addresses with a matching email address from your contact list.
- Display the Frequent Contacts box—Select the check box if you want to use the Frequent Contacts box, which appears in the Compose Email window.
- Disable browser's built-in spell checker—Select the check box if you want to disable your browser's built-in, automatic spell checker, in preference of webmail's built in spell checker.
- Save outgoing email in the Sent folder—Select the check box to save a copy of all outgoing email. Sent email will be stored in the Sent folder.
- Default font in HTML format—Select a default font for HTML-formatted email.
- Default font size in HTML format—Select a default font size for HTML-formatted email.
- Check for a blank subject before sending—Select the check box to receive a warning if you try to send an email with no subject.
- Check for missing attachments before sending—Select the check box to receive a warning if you meant to send an attachment but did not attach one. Any message that includes a form of the word "attach" but does not have an attachment will activate this alert.
Replying and Forwarding Citations
- When you forward or reply to an email, the original message will be appended to the email.
- An identity allows you to quickly change the name, email address, and reply address on your outgoing email. If you create multiple identities, you can change them in the From drop-down menu at the top of the Compose Email window. For a complete How-To, see our article, Add/Edit/Delete Identities.
- Visit our article titled "Add/Edit/Delete Signature"